Tuesday 10 January 2017

Module 3 - Professional Artefact

Below my Professional Artefact for my Module Three Portfolio. I had a lot of thought for how I could best articulate my inquiry process. My decision to use an audio-visual tool in creating my professional artefact was inspired by my ability to record extensive footage within my singular working environment. What this means is that the emergence of themes and strategies discussed is true to time periods in which they were filmed. Because of its chronological construction in filming the also piece acts as a visual diary, documenting the contract experience. Furthermore, I felt an audio-visual would serve well in contextualising participants. An ethical duty for anonymising participants and a danger of writing too descriptively during the critical review may not give readers a concrete sense of how findings translate in bodily-kinaesthetic manner but the audio-visual platform provides the means to demonstrate this. In turn, performers observing the piece can identify with choreography and recognise examples of effective or ineffective cast cohesion.


No comments:

Post a Comment